Dr. Mfonfu Daniel: Lecturer
Cassava Leaves and Soy Bean Cause Congenital Hypothyroidism
- The Dean requested and obtained authorization from the Divisional Officer of Bamenda II by the letter no 29/06/3100/5/445 of 27 of May 2015 to carry out the community health practice and diagnosis in Mulang health area.
- The Dean requested and obtained a bus from the vice Chancellor of the University of Bamenda
- The Dean wrote the invitation for the meeting for the presentation of the results of the CHP to Administrative & Community Representative; these invitations were distributed by Dr Mfonfu Daniel
- The days of data collection on the field should not correspond with that of Infant Welfare Clinic at the Principal Health Centre
- In the spirit of multi sectorial development of health:
- Let us promote organic agriculture
- The Council Should
- The FHS should inform the community by mass media well before hand of the date of community health practice to be carried out by students.
- The University should provide 2 buses to carry the students to the field; one bus could bring them back
- The Dean recommended the posting of this report at the internet in order to share knowledge.
- Community Health Practice is an activity in the curriculum of training in all medical schools in Cameroon so the FHS in the University of Bamendais sharing its technical-know-how in all its components and tools with other universities and it iswilling to provide technical assistance to other universities.
- The Dean believes that a FHS must have an impact on the local communityin improving their environmental sanitation and life style that is why sincetook over the running of this FHS the 2nd year students have been carrying out the CHP in the different health areas of Bamenda Health.
- The Dean believes that a FHS should contribute in improving some components of the health system
- The dean provided both electronic and hard copies of the reports to health authorities and community representatives.
- People of goodwill after reading this report may decide to help the health area in solving some of the problems identified.